Ancient Greece - Summer 2017
Our topic for the Summer Term is Ancient Greece.
In the spring term class 2 spent a few weeks learning about a Greek myth as well as a few of the Greek Gods and Goddesses. The class showed such a high level of interest in their work and asked so many fascinating questions that we have decided to devote a whole term to learning about the Ancient Greeks!
The pupils of Class 2 have thought of their own research questions and in our topic work we will be finding the answers to the following questions:
- When did the Ancient Greeks live?
- Why were they so brutal?
- Did girls go to school?
- When did the Ancient Greeks die out?
- Did they have tablets?
- What did they eat and what clothes did they wear?
- Who were the Gods and Goddesses and how did they become Gods or Goddesses?
- Did they argue?
- Did they build their own houses?
- Where was ancient Greece?
- How did they learn?
- Who found Ancient Greece?
- What did the Greeks know?
Growing and Cooking.
Class 2 will learn how to grow and care for seasonal fruit and vegetables and then create recipes by experimenting with different flavours. We will then share our work and ideas in a Class Recipe Book.